Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fwd: APRIL 12, 2013

     I never thought I'd write this, but it looks as if Congress--yes, that Congress--might approve some sort of gun control legislation this year.  Wow.  I did it.  I wrote that.

     I don't, of course, mean that the government is going to take away anybody
's gun.  But some restrictions--background checks before you buy, limits on how many rounds a magazine can hold--those kinds of things might actually pass.  Proof?  Well, the Senate voted to debate gun control this week. The vote was 68--31--a big enough margin to defeat a filibuster.

     And it's not just guns.
 A bipartisan group has been working on immigation.  They've reportedly made some progress.  And education, and--well, there are even more.

     It may all vanish like winter snow, of course, but wouldn't it be wonderfu
l if Congress, after years of posturing, finally woke up, took itself seriously and started passing laws to deal with problems?

     I know, I know, but wouldn't it?

 


No comments: