Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fwd: JULY 30, 2013

      You're used now, as I am, to stories about our government spying on millions of us--tapping our telephones, the internet, and so on.  The government, our president  have not apologized for this, have not, come to that, even admitted it's wrong.  I assume, absent any apology or admission of guilt, that they've kept right on, that if my phone was tapped a couple of months ago before the news broke--thank you, Edward Snowden--it still is. 

     But it shouldn't be, I think, because it's unconstitutional.  The Fourth Amendment reads:  "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

     I haven't seen any such court orders, have you?  Seems to me the Obama government has tried to cover up its spying, keep us from knowing about it.  And sure, they didn't have telephones when the Constitution was written, but I think the word "effects" covers them, don't you?

     Maybe in the next election there'll be a Constitutionalist party.  I'd probably vote for it.  I've about had it with these spies and liars.

 


No comments: