Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10, 2009

Yes, I'm resignng, and don't you clowns tell me I can't. I not only can, I have. Sure, the governorship isn't the presidency, but we hockeynmoms are tough, and we can quit any job we want to.

Yes, there are things I'll miss. It's a nice house, a really nice house, and if I'd stayed longer I'd have put some of our good Alaska lobster in the swimming pool, and that would have made it just about perfect. And never having ridden Air Force One? How do you think I'm getting babk to Wasilla,dummies? Greyhound Express?

Did I underestimate the job? Maybe. I knew you had to deal with a lot of countries, but I didn't realize I was supposed to know which continent Waziristan is on, and who's in charge there and what its special problems might be. I knew there were bill, and I knew I could veto them, but nobody told my about overriding my vetoes. Boy, those Constitution writers sure blew that one, don't you think? Can't shoot the overriders either, it turn out. Not as if they were moose.

So it's back to Alaska, and snow and rain, where a hockey mom can be free. I'll be having a ball with my skis and all, no presidential bullbleep for me.

No comments: